Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Giver Chapters 1-12

Chapter1- I think being released would mean being killed. Johas made the joke about his friend being released after messing up in soccer and he got a serious reprimanding because of it. Its nothing to joke about. Its a perfect community, everyone is the same and no one is extremely different. There aren't any cars, you don't get to choose your jobs, nearly everything it completely different.
Chapter 2- It would be pretty terrible. Your birthday would be just like a holiday, everyone would share it together. ON the plus side, you really wouldn't have to remember your friends or your family's birthdays because they were all on the same day, but it would still be weird the thought that everyone in you community would have been "born" on the same day. I feel like I would be an Engineer like Father's friend that he mentions. If I were a part of their community I think the elders would realize my interest in building things.
Chapter 3-Jonas notices that the eyes of Gabriel are like his, they are lighter than everyone else's and Jonas has only ever know one other girl with the same pale eyes as him. I would feel very self conscious. Everything I would do I would think about everything very decisively, thinking about absolutely everything before I did something. I do think something is different about Jonas because he saw the apple. I don't know what it means and apparently nor does Jonas.
Chapter 4-The community has so many rules to keep everything in perfect order and everyone the same. If there weren't so many rules people would have the chance to be different and then it wouldn't be the perfect community. Some of the rules are naturals things like not to brag and to not hoard food and things that honestly should be naturally done. But they also have rules that are designed just for the perfect world and the people in it. I honestly kind of like the rules to and extent. It seems to make everyone nicer and people just get along better, but at the same time sometimes I like to differ from the larger body, do things on my I think these rules will come in later when Jonas breaks them for whichever different life he will eventually start looking for.
CHAPTER 6
I think each personnel is watched very carefully even after there assighnment an into adult hood. That way they can sort of find out what would be the perfect match for the famiy unit and who would be the best to raise familys together.
CHAPTER 7
I would feel scared and hopeful at the same time. The chief isn't the kind to forget someone, so she had to of done it on purpose. Now whether that was a good thing or a bad thing would be impossible to tell. Maybe she is giving you a very special assignment that would be very prestigious. Maybe she is skipping you because you don't get an assignment.

Pros-Its a good story, releasing mystery, Jonas has stirrings, pills,

Cons- Think of what release is, teaching siblings to ride bikes,

Changes- put a cute boy in it thats older than 12 like the real movie,


CHAPTER 8-I think he can see things that no one else can. I think he can see the future and what will happen to the object. I would rather be assigned a job because I feel like the elders would know what job would be best for me.
CHAPTER 9-I think they can change because they are considered adults now. I think they will change because Jonas won't be able to even see Asher anymore. I think Jonas finds it unsettling because he could have been lied to before and he could have been lied to his whole life.
CHAPTER 10-You wouldn't have any privacy, you can't hide anything from anyone. He doesn't know about any history or future of anything, he is only concentrated on his present life. You are really concerned about any of the outside world. It would be peaceful because you would have very much stress, but it would be monotonous because you are enjoying any of the outside world's great things.
CHAPTER 11- It would be weird to never experience anything other than the present world and only things that concern you.
CHAPTER 12- I would probably miss the color blue because there are many different shades of it and it is a soothing color. The sky is blue and it would be weird to not have a sky. Sameness would be weird because it would be the same thing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment