Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Opening Statements

Petrocelli is trying to make Steve and King look bad. Shes says that they are monsters and should be locked up. O'Brien states that the law protects all of society even the accused killers. She also states that there is a reasonable doubt that Steve did it. Briggs says that Petrocelli's witnesses are self serving, heartless people. Briggs is trying to make Petrocelli and her witnesses look bad.
If I was in Steve's shoes, I would probably be like him. I would be scared of my future. I would be scared of what was going to happen to me. My life would be down in the dumps and I would be crying in my cell. I would probably want the death penalty, so I didn't have to spend the rest of my life in jail. I wouldn't think that I belonged there. I wouldn't know who I was. I couldn't bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment