Thursday, October 17, 2013

Where I'm From

I am from Crest Toothpaste that rests on the counter
and pots and pans rattling in the kitchen.
I am from the cozy,
sweet and warm feel of my home.
I am from the hay in the barn.
The maple tree
whose long gone limbs I remember
as if they were my own.
I’m from showing cattle and playing sports
and from Jon and Lisa.
I’m from eating spaghetti and sleeping in
and from about every sport known to man.
I’m from Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny
and Go tell it on the mountain.
I’m from decorating the Christmas tree and seeing the Christmas bulbs stare back at me
I’m from Carroll, Iowa and Germany.
The juicy steak and the tender roast
From the time my mom glued her fingers together
and she was at it for half an hour.
From these little boots made of clay that were painted by my great grandmother
That sit on a shelf on the wall
From these little memories

That’s where I’m from

3 comments:

  1. Very good poem with very few errors besides you might want to change the font color to white instead of black, other than that very good poem. When did you mom glue her fingers together? Sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very good poem. I thought that everything was put together very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice poem i like the crest part!!!! #Swing #first #yolo

    ReplyDelete